Frankfurt City Walk
Daily: Discover Frankfurt on foot on a two-hour walkiong tour from the old town centre to the modern banking district
“There’s no town in the whole wide world, that I like more than Frankfurt, and I can’t get it into my head, how a person couldn’t be from Frankfurt!”
These lines were written more than 100 years ago by Frankfurt's famous dialect poet, Friedrich Stoltze. They show how much Frankfurt natives love their hometown, both yesterday and today.
You too now have the chance to learn to discover Frankfurt on foot during the course of a two-hour guided city walk, visiting the city's most interesting locations, including the Römerberg old town centre, the banking district and much, much more. Frankfurt's city centre is best explored on foot, while exploring the cobble stone squares and alleys on your way to the modern skyscrapers.
The tour ends with a visit of the MAIN TOWER'S rooftop observation platform, which offers magnificent views of the Main metropolis some 200 metres above the city streets. (The platform may close in times of bad weather for example and from 11 April to 3 June 2016 for renovation work. A visit of the Goethe-House will serve as substitute in these cases.)
- Römerberg (Centre of the old town), DomRömer Quarter, Emperors' Cathedral
- MMK Museum of Modern Art (from the outside)
- St. Paul's Church (from the outside)
- Goethe-House (from the outside)
- Hauptwache (Historical guard station)
- Banking district
- Observation platform of the MAIN TOWER
Tourist Information Römer
1st May and 3th July: Meeting point Tourist Information Main Train Station (Hauptbahnhof)
Throughout the year at 2:00 pm daily in German
Additional tours in English available on selected weekdays at 2:30 pm:
- January + February: Fridays and Saturdays
- March: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- April – October: daily
- November + December: to be announced
Except on 01st January, Carnival Sunday, 24th December, 25th December, 26th December and 31st December
- € 14.00 for adults - 20% discount with the Frankfurt Card
- € 12.00 for students and apprentices
- € 6.00 for escorts of handicapped persons
- A minimum of three persons is required for tours to take place.
- Since the number of participants is limited, we recommend reserving your ticket in advance by phone, +49 (0) 69/21 23 88 00, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Reserved tickets that are not picked up at least 20 minutes prior to commencement of the tour will be resold.
- The platform may close for example in times of bad weather and from 11th April to 3rd June 2016 for renovation work. A visit of the Goethe-House will serve as substitute in these cases.
- From 11 April to 13 May 2016, the platform will be closed for renovation work. A visit of the Goethe-House will serve as substitute.
- Subject to change