Frankfurt City Walk
Daily: Discover Frankfurt on foot on a two-hour walking tour from the old town centre to the modern banking district
“There’s no town in the whole wide world, that I like more than Frankfurt, and I can’t get it into my head, how a person couldn’t be from Frankfurt!”
These lines were written more than 100 years ago by Frankfurt's famous dialect poet, Friedrich Stoltze. They show how much Frankfurt natives love their hometown, both yesterday and today.
You too now have the chance to discover Frankfurt on foot during the course of a two-hour guided city walk, visiting the city's most interesting locations, including the Römerberg old town centre, the banking district and much, much more. Frankfurt's city centre is best explored on foot, while exploring the cobble stone squares and alleys on your way to the modern skyscrapers.
The tour ends with a visit of the MAIN TOWER'S rooftop observation platform, which offers magnificent views of the Main metropolis some 200 metres above the city streets. (The platform may close in times of bad weather for example. A visit of the Goethe-House will serve as substitute in these cases.)
- Römerberg (Centre of the old town), DomRömer Quarter, Emperors' Cathedral
- MMK Museum of Modern Art (from the outside)
- St. Paul's Church (from the outside)
- Goethe-House (from the outside)
- Hauptwache (Historical guard station)
- Banking district
- Observation platform of the MAIN TOWER
Tourist Information Römer
Tickets can be purchased online, via phone or at the Tourist Information Offices Römer and Hauptbahnhof. You can reach us by phone at +49 (0) 69/21 23 88 00, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Throughout the year at 2:00 pm daily in German
Additional tours in English available on selected weekdays at 2:30 pm:
- January + February: Fridays and Saturdays
- March: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- April – October: daily
- November + December: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Except 24th December, 25th December, 26th December and 31st December
- € 14.00 for adults - 20% discount with the Frankfurt Card
- € 12.00 for students and apprentices
- € 6.00 for escorts of handicapped persons
- Tickets for the Frankfurt City Walk are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- The MAIN TOWER observation platform may close for example in times of bad weather. A visit of the Goethe-House will serve as substitute in these cases.
- Subject to change