Current situation in Frankfurt due to efforts to contain the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Last update: 19.10.2020
Dear Frankfurt visitors,
Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres when meeting other persons. Masks have been mandatory when using local public transport vehicles or entering the public areas of shops, banks and post offices as well as during church services.
Due to the current rise in COVID-19 cases, the following regulations will come into effect starting Monday, October 19, 2020:
- Curfew from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am for restaurants, cafés, pubs etc.
- General ban on alcohol sales from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Alcohol is prohibited in public places, streets and parks.
- Masks must be worn in the entire inner city area (Anlagenring plus Mainufer Sachsenhausen)
- Professional sporting events will take place without spectators.
- A maximum of 100 participants applies to public events.
- A contact limit of ten people will be introduced in public spaces. Similarly, a maximum of ten people applies to private celebrations. If the celebration takes place in the private sector, these may come from a maximum of two households.
- A mask is required for all religious reunions if the minimum distance of 1.50 meters cannot be maintained.
- When travelling individually with more persons from different households, wearing a mask is highly recommended.
Tourist overnight stays are again permitted under certain hygiene regulations. However many hotels still remain closed. The following list provides information on open and closed hotels.
Events in Frankfurt
There are many things to do and explore in Frankfurt: Guided walks, bus tours, boat tours, weekly markets etc. Find up to date information in our calendar of events.
Trade Fairs and Conventions in Frankfurt
Meetings and events with up to 250 persons are allowed under certain hygiene regulations and do not require a permit
- Automechanika postponed to 14 September - 18 September 2021
- Light + Building is postponed to 13 March - 18 March 2022
- Opatech is postponed to 17 – 19 November 2020
- Texcare is postponed to 27 November – 01 December 2021
As a result of the course taken by the pandemic, Messe Frankfurt will not be holding any of its own physical trade fairs at the Frankfurt exhibition grounds between January and March 2021.
For any tourist information you can reach us by telephone Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 05:00 pm at +49 69/21 23 88 00 or by E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Tourist Information Offices Römer and Central Station are open Monday to Friday from 09:30 am to 05:30 pm, Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 09:30 am to 04:30 pm.
We make every effort to keep the website up to date. Due to the exceptional situation we cannot guarantee the accuracy of opening and playing times on our website. If you have purchased tickets for an event, please contact the ticket seller.
Information on the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Current information can be found on the website of the Robert-Koch-Institut.
The hotline for the coronavirus of the state of Hessen is available daily from 08:00 to 20:00 hours on the state-wide number 0800-5554666.