Emperor's Hall at the Römer
One hour walk through the "Imperial Hall" for groups
Emperors’ Hall is the decorative highlight of the Römer, Frankfurt’s time-honoured town hall. Initially, the hall served as the seat of Frankfurt’s town council. In 1612, the city’s councilmen held a festive banquet in their hall to celebrate the crowning of Emperor Mathias, the very first of such ceremonial events to take place there. Today, the hall continues to be the principal venue for official receptions and similar ceremonies.
The one-hour tour explains the history of the Römer, the former and current functions of Emperors’ Hall as well as Frankfurt’s role as a place of elections and coronations. The walls of the hall are adorned by paintings representing every king and emperor from Charlemagne (aka Charles the Great) to Francis II, some 52 artworks in all.
- Official opening hours of the Emperor's Hall: daily 10:00 am - 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
- This location belongs to a selection of representative chambers of the City of Frankfurt am Main and may at that time be being used for official municipal functions, even short-term. Unfortunately, the Tourismus+Congress GmbH Frankfurt am Main is not able to ensure accessibility of the Emperor's Hall at all times during the above mentioned opening hours.
To ensure that Emperors’ Hall is accessible on the day of your tour, please reserve the chamber prior to booking your guided tour with us. To make a chamber reservation, please contact the Protocol Department of the City of Frankfurt am Main:
Fon: +49 (0)69 21 23 49 20
Admission to Emperors' Hall at the Römer is paid on site and at the standard price
Prices inclusive 19% VAT:
€ 90.00 per tour guide for up to 40 persons
For billing addresses within Germany:
- Payment due no later than three (3) weeks prior the tour date
- Short-term bookings (less than three weeks) require immediate payment
For billing addresses outside of Germany:
- Prepayment by credit card
- Cancellations submitted in writing at least fourteen (14) days prior to the date of the tour are free of charge.