The Freedom Movement of 1848
This two hour theme walk for groups takes participants to some of the most famous sites of the revolution of 1848
Known far and wide as “the cradle of German democracy”, St Paul’s Church is a symbol of freedom and democracy in Germany.
The tour informs on the structural history of the building, the unification monument, famous personalities (signified by plaques on the exterior walls), the foyer (history of the St Paul’s Church Parliament and its predecessors), various murals (“The Procession of the Parliamentarians” by Johannes Grützke), the plenary hall (interior), and the use of St Paul’s Church both today and in times gone by.
In front of the main entrance of St. Paul’s Church, Paulsplatz
- Römerberg (Focus: site of the uprisings in March of 1848)
- St. Paul’s Church (Focus: the St. Paul’s Church Parliament, the political objectives, the reasons for the failure, the structural history, its present function, the memorials, the constitutional debate)
- Liebfrauenberg (Focus: the break-up of parties into fractions, parliamentarians and their life stories, Friedrich Stoltze and the revolution)
- Hauptwache (Focus: the pre-revolutionary period and the attack of the central guard station)
Official opening hours of St. Paul's Church: daily 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Unfortunately, the TCF is not able to ensure accessibility of St Paul’s Church at all times. This locations belongs to a selection of representative chambers of the City of Frankfurt am Main and may at that time be being used for official municipal functions, even short-term.
To ensure that St. Paul's Church is accessible on the day of your tour, please reserve the church prior to booking your guided tour with us. To make a reservation, please contact the Protocol Department of the City of Frankfurt am Main:
Fon: +49 (0)69 21 23 49 20
Max. of 25 persons per tour guide
Prices inclusive 19% VAT:
€ 170.00 per tour guide for up to 25 persons
For billing addresses within Germany:
- Payment due no later than three (3) weeks prior the tour date
- Short-term bookings (less than three weeks) require immediate payment
For billing addresses outside of Germany:
- Prepayment by credit card
- Cancellations submitted in writing at least fourteen (14) days prior to the date of the tour are free of charge.
Also bookalbe as guided one walk "St. Paul's Church and the St. Paul's Parliament":