TCF Partnerships and Collaborations
This overview names the local and regional partners of the Frankfurt Tourist+Congress Board (TCF) as well as listing its collaborations with national marketing agencies.
Frankfurt is facing increasing competition with other cities and regions. This applies to both national and international markets. For the TCF, these disadvantages can only be reduced through strategic cooperation. Cooperation with local and regional partners is particularly important. In international competition, there is also cooperation with national marketing and marketing companies.
The TCF’s most important co-operation partners
Local Level (Selection)
- Alte Oper Frankfurt
- BäderBetriebe Frankfurt GmbH
- Deutscher Hotel- und Gaststättenverband Frankfurt am Main (DEHOGA)
- FHA Frankfurt Hotel Alliance
- Frankfurter Personenschiffahrt Anton Nauheimer GmbH/Primus-Linie
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Fraport AG
- Goethe-Universität Frankfurt und CAMPUSERVICE GmbH
- H.O.L.M. – House of Logistics and Mobility
- Handelsverband Hessen-Süd e. V./Geschäftsstelle Frankfurt
- Industrie- und Handelskammer Frankfurt am Main
- Initiative Gastronomie Frankfurt e. V.
- KD Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt GmbH
- Kelterei Höhl
- Kelterei Possmann
- Kulturamt Frankfurt am Main
- Messe Frankfurt GmbH
- Museumsufer Frankfurt
- Oper Frankfurt
- Radeberger Gruppe
- Schaustellerverband Frankfurt am Main
- Städtische Bühnen Frankfurt am Main GmbH
- traffiQ Lokale Nahverkehrsgesellschaft Frankfurt am Main mbH
- Verein der Frankfurter Stadt- und Gästeführer e. V.
- VGF Verkehrsgesellschaft Frankfurt am Main
- Wirtschaftsförderung Frankfurt GmbH
The Destination FrankfurtRheinMain was founded in June 2020. Members are the cities of Frankfurt am Main, Darmstadt, Offenbach and Hanau as well as the districts of Groß-Gerau, Offenbach and Wetterau. In addition to the financial support from the State of Hesse, this also means more planning security for the seven members. The office is located as a staff unit at the TCF. All members contribute financially as well as with human resources.
The aim is to dovetail the tourist offer in town and country even more closely and to develop additional offers. The connections between the city and the surrounding area offer outstanding, high-quality visitor incentives from nature and city culture.
- FrankfurtRheinMain GmbH – International Marketing of the Region
- Frankfurt Ticket RheinMain GmbH
- HA Hessen Agentur GmbH
- Hessischer Tourismusverband e. V.
- Medical Network FrankfurtRheinMain wiV
- Netzwerk Tourismus FrankfurtRheinMain
- Regionalpark RheinMain
- Regionalverband FrankfurtRheinMain
- Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund GmbH
- Wirtschaftsinitiative FrankfurtRheinMain e. V.
Other important partnerships include our collaboration with approximately 200 accommodation establishments in running our hotel reservation system, Frankfurt Regio Soft, our co-operation with the state’s beverage industry and our partnerships with various business associations, such as the IHK-Forum Rhein-Main (Chamber of Commerce Forum Rhine-Main), the Einzelhandelsverband (Retail Association) as well as the local, regional and national media.
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Goethe-Straße (Goethe Route Working Group)
The working group serves to market the tourist themed route "Goethe Street". Goethe-Strasse connects nine cities in central Germany that are linked to the work of famous personalities such as Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Joint promotional activities are carried out in the overseas markets, especially in Japan and Korea.
Deutsche Zentrale für Tourismus e. V. (DZT) (German Tourist Board)
The German Tourist Board is the TCF’s most important partner when it comes to promoting Frankfurt as a tourist destination outside of Germany. With more than 30 offices worldwide, the German Tourist Board is responsible for marketing Germany as a popular travel and tourist destination. The TCF participates in numerous marketing activities carried out on foreign markets under the umbrella of the German Tourist Board (e.g., fair participations, workshops, study trips etc.).
Franken Tourismus – MainRadweg (Tourism Franconia – Main River Cycling Trail)
Frankfurt is also involved in the touristic promotion of the Main River Cycling Path. Bicycle tourism is enjoying a steady increase in popularity these days. Thanks to its membership in this promotional scheme, Frankfurt is advertised positively in all informative brochures and on the website representing this popular bike track.
GCB German Convention Bureau e.V.
The Frankfurt Convention Bureau (FCB) is an active member of the GCB, co-operating closely with the association in the areas of congress marketing and congress acquisition. Based in Frankfurt and New York, the GCB promotes Germany as a congress, conference, event and incentive destination on a national and international level. It is also the primary point of contact for all those planning to hold a special event in Germany. As a congress industry expert, the GCB continuously observes the market, developing innovative strategies and recommendations for action from the data collected. It is also an official partner of the IMEX fair.
Magic Cities Germany e.V.
Magic Cities is a marketing co-operation consisting of ten major German cities (Bremen, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne, Leipzig, Munich, Nuremberg and Stuttgart). Together, these cities present themselves on the most important overseas markets. The office is located at the TCF.
Deutsche Fachwerkstraße (German Timberframe Road)
Established in 1990, the German Timberframe Road is a part of a working committee entitled Deutsche Fachwerkstädte (German Timberframe Towns). At present, the German Timberframe Road stretches from the mouth of the River Elbe in the north of Germany all the way to the Lake of Constance in the south, a distance of more than 2,800 kilometres. Traversing six German states, the road is subdivided into seven regional routes. The TCF is a member of the German Timberframe Road by way of the Frankfurt city district of Höchst, which is part of the 176-kilometre regional route, “From the Westerwald across the Lahn Valley and Taunus to the River Main”.
BUSREISEN.CC is a planning and service platform for bus companies in Europe. The FrankfurtRheinMain region uses this platform to present corresponding offers. In addition, BUSREISEN.CC organizes individual / tailor-made sales trips in various source markets. The TCF uses this service as a cooperation partner and conducts several sales trips per year.
Associations - National Level
- Deutscher Tourismusverband (DTV)
- Internationaler Bustouristikverband e.V. (RDA)
- DeutscherReiseVerband (DRV)
- Bundesverband der Deutschen Incoming-Unternehmen e. V. (BVDIU)
- VPR – Internationaler Verband der Paketer
Associations - International Level
- Deutsch-Asiatischer Wirtschaftskreis e.V.
- International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA)
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
- European Tour Operators Association (ETOA)
- United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)
- IMEX Regent Exhibitions Ltd