Two hour theme walk for groups around the European Central Bank
Simply put, the architectural contrast between the former industrial zone and the home of the new European Central Bank (ECB) in Frankfurt’s East End district could not be greater. The area around the new ECB complex in particular has undergone massive change, redefining the city district in its entirety. Locals and visitors now have the chance to explore the ”new” East End by way of this highly interesting discovery tour.
The main attractions of this guided tour include
- the area between Flößer Bridge, Honsell Bridge and East Harbour Bridge with its view of the container harbour
- the redesigned Ruhrort Wharf
- the new twin towers of the ECB (from the outside), which also incorporate the heritage-listed former main market hall
- the Jewish memorial at the ECB
- the Honsell Triangle and Harbour Park with its new adventure playground
- Wesel Wharf
- Honsell Triangle (“Honselldreieck”)
- Honsell Bridge (“Honsellbrücke”)
- pier head
- East Harbour Bridge (“Osthafenbrücke”)
- Harbour Park
- Ruhrort Wharf
Restaurant “Oosten” next to the old crane
- Unfortunately, the tour route is not barrier-free.
- Find Information about visiting the European Central Bank at the internet page of the ECB.