Corona Update for Frankfurt
Current rules and regulations for business travel and events in Frankfurt
What is allowed, and what isn’t?
Status: 19th October 2021
Currently, the regulations of the Coronavirus Protection Ordinance (CoSchuV) apply in Hesse. The previous 7-day incidence as an orientation criterion is replaced by the statewide hospitalization rate as well as the intensive care bed occupancy.
If the following thresholds are exceeded, additional protective measures will be taken:
- Stage 1: Hospitalization incidence > 8 or intensive care bed > 200 (further access restrictions to events, etc., or PCR testing requirements).
- Stage 2: Hospitalization incidence > 15 or intensive care beds > 400 (further access restrictions to events etc., especially 2G rule).
The Robert Koch Institute provides an overview of the current thresholds for Hesse.
Rules for events
Gatherings of up to 25 persons are not considered events in the sense of the Coronavirus Protection Ordinance, i.e., no special rules apply. From 26 persons applies:
- Indoor events with up to 500 attendees no longer require a permit - not counting recovered and vaccinated persons. However, the “3G” requirements (vaccinated, recovered, tested) still apply. In principle, a hygiene and distance concept also continues to apply in all indoor rooms, as well as the obligation to wear a medical mask. This applies to staff and guests except at a fixed seating or standing area.
- In the outdoor area, events with up to 1,000 participants no longer require a permit - whereby recovered and vaccinated persons are not counted. Up to this limit, the requirement for “3G” proof is also waived. Medical mask requirement does not apply to guests or outdoor staff unless distances cannot be maintained.
- Obligation to collect contact data is waived.
“2G” option for event organizers
New in Hesse is the “2G” option (vaccinated, recovered) for event organizers and operators. Those who only let in vaccinated and recovered people can do without almost all restrictions. In the concrete case this means:
- No mask requirement
- No distance rules
- No capacity limitation
For more information from the state of Hesse on meetings and events, click here.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to contact us. We’re happy to help!
Frankfurt Convention Bureau
Tel. +49 (0) 69/24 74 55 - 500